2011-09-12

Palas de Rei

Well down to 65 km left, I'm in Palas de Rei, bagged the last bed in town again. I must admit I've been lucky with the accommodation.

Met a nice French Canadian girl yesterday, Sandra shared a room with her and introduced her to Quentin Tarentino's Pulp fiction, does that make me a bad man? What can I say it was that or Westside story on TV.

Also met up with a couple of ladies just doing the 100km from Sarria, Kiera from Ireland and her cousin Nora from Australia, both cracking girls and fun to be around. It´s been nice to have English conversions again, between the three girls they have helped me reconnect with the journey and pulled me out of my recent isolation.

The route is now clogged with, well tourists, lots of chatting on route stopping at every cafe and making what was 10 minute meal break into 30 minutes of queuing. They also are all reserving the accomidation in the next towns. Luckilly the albourges don´t take reservations so most of the longer term pilgrims just motor on early in the morning to get a bed. I aim to do that tomorrow if i can get out of my top bunk without breaking my legs.

I´m now resigned to the fact that the camino as i´ve come to know it, is over. The next couple of days I will just try and relax and take in all I´ve learnt about the world and what I need in my life. They do say the camino is like "life condensed", so Santiago will be the end, I better enjoy the remainder of the journey.

Joining Norra and Kiera for dinner tonight, so gotta split shortly. I searched for a mobile sim in the last two towns but not found any yet, probably won´t be able to get one now until Santiago, so still out of contact with my family, love to you all, LB text if you like should be able to get them, just won´t be able to reply. Again thanks for the comments, at the moment its the only contact i have with home.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have been pulled out of dusty despair, closer now to your goal. Sounds like one hell of a journey of self discovery, can't wait to see you back for the whole story.

    ReplyDelete